“Personal Data” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. Example of this Personal Data : a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or a combination of these.
On this Site, we, the Pfizer Clinical Research Unit Belgium, collect Personal Data in various ways, including through registrations, applications, surveys, in connection with your inquiries, and automatically when you browse our Site.
We may request basic Personal Data when you use our Site. If you are an HCP or a Participant to one of our clinical studies, we may request additional Personal Data.
Personal Data that we may request includes:
- Your preferred language.
- Your interests (such as health conditions and topics about which you request information through the Site or indicate interest).
If you are an HCP, we also may request additional data related to our professional interaction with you:
- Professional biography/credentials.
- Data related to your licensures, specialties, professional affiliations, publications, credentials, and other professional achievements.
- Adverse event data.
- Data related to your use of our products, your interactions with us, and services for those you care for.
If you are a Participant to one of our clinical studies, we may also request:
- Information that directly identifies you such as your address, telephone number, e‑mail address, date and place of birth, national ID number.
- Your bank details.
- With your consent, the identification of your general practitioner.
- Sensitive personal data such as your medical history, data from this study (including study results from tests and procedures), demographics (for example, age and gender) and other sensitive personal data that is needed for this study such as ethnic origin, genetic information, sexual orientations, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, dietary preferences.
- Data from testing and analysis of biological samples (such as blood or urine) and images (such as X-rays, CT-Scans, and medical photographs). This may also include genetic information.
- Data captured from electronic devices, if you complete the consent process using the eConsent tablet or if you use a mobile application or other digital tool during the study.
We may also collect Personal Data from other sources, including data companies, publicly accessible databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms and other third parties.
If you elect to connect your social media account to the Site to enable social sharing, certain Personal Data from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Data that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
We may receive Personal Data from other third parties to confirm contact or financial details or to better understand your interests by associating demographic data with the Personal Data you have provided.
When you are asked to provide Personal Data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to for us to provide requested services, we may not be able to provide you those services.
If you provide or permit us to collect any Personal Data relating to another person, you are telling us that you have the authority to share that data and to permit us to use the data as described in this Privacy Notice.